[MPlayer-users] Re: mencoder *.avi ?

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Wed May 29 15:58:02 CEST 2002

Hi Arpi,

I have tried your suggestion and it seems to work perfectly. So, for
everybody asking ALL THE TIME to a solution to append avi's, the
solution mentioned by Arpi, works. Those can be the steps:

	1- Append two avi's with: "cat first.avi second.avi > third.avi"
	(better if the avi's have been created with mplayer)

	2- Encode (if wanted), resize, crop ... etc., with:
	"mencoder -(options) -forceidx -o final.avi third.avi"

and the "final.avi" one is perfect and works really fine.

I have done so with two original *.ASF files. First I have translated
them to *.avi with "mencoder". Then joined with "cat" and finally
beautify and create index once more with "mencoder". Perfect!

Thanks a lot once more, Arpi, for your constant support, clever ideas
and innovations included in MPlayer.
--
Santiago Muelas (Depto. de Mecánica)
http://w3.mecanica.upm.es/~smuelas
ETSI de Caminos, Canales y Puertos (U.P.M)    smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Dr.Aranguren s/n - Ciudad Universitaria       Tf. 91 336 6659
MADRID 28040