[MPlayer-users] Re: mencoder *.avi ?

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Wed May 29 18:38:01 CEST 2002

> From: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
>
> anyway, this is bug, and it should be fixed, but i cannot reproduce
> maybe it is bsd specific... maybe largefile problem?

	As it turns out your thought it was 'largefile' problem is correct.

> afaik there is 64bit ftello() on bsd, while ftell() is 64bit on linux..

	_THAT_ was the hint I needed.

	The problem is

$_def_ftello
#ifndef HAVE_FTELLO
# define ftello(a) ftell(a)
#endif

	in ./configure.  If the system does not have a native 'ftello' (or it
	can not be found for whatever reason) then 'ftello' is #define'd to
	be the same as 'ftell' and that is 32 bits.

	What I have seen done in other situations is use the ANSI C routines
	'fsetpos()' and 'fgetpos()' instead of ftell.

	I will look into this some more and when I have a patch I'll move over
	to the -dev list.

	Steven Schultz
	sms at 2bsd.com