[MPlayer-users] Re: mencoder *.avi ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed May 29 22:52:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > anyway, this is bug, and it should be fixed, but i cannot reproduce
> > maybe it is bsd specific... maybe largefile problem?
>
> 	I do not _think_ it's a largefile problem because 'mplayer' works
> 	perfectly using "-chapter 2-6".
hmm.

what's the error with mencoder then?
it's very strange, as mplayer and mencoder uses the same, common demuxer and
stream code.

> 	My suspicion is that the DVD is somehow not mastered 100% correctly.
> 	How would that be 'proven' I wonder?
hmm. did you try to increase buffer limits in demuxer.h ?

#define MAX_PACK_BYTES 0x800000
#define MAX_PACKS 4096

mencoder uses 0.5 sec audio preload (suggested in avi specs), mplayer may
use smaller, depending on buffer size of your audio card/driver.

> 	Would the '.ifo' files be of value in debugging the problem?
no
maybe if you send teh dvd disc :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team