[MPlayer-users] Re: mencoder *.avi ?

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Wed May 29 23:31:02 CEST 2002

Hi!

> From: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
> > 	I do not _think_ it's a largefile problem because 'mplayer' works
> > 	perfectly using "-chapter 2-6".
> hmm.

	Indeed.

> what's the error with mencoder then?
> it's very strange, as mplayer and mencoder uses the same, common demuxer and
> stream code.

	That's the strange thing - there is no "error" that I can see.  The
	encoding process hits what it thinks is "eof" and stops.

	If the mplayer-users list is archived I did post the "-v" output logs
	when I asked the initial question on May 10.

	Message-ID is: <Pine.BSI.4.05L.10205100147230.17410-300000 at moe.2bsd.com>

	The logs showed a "-chapter 2-6" run and a "-chapter 2-5" run.  The
	first stops after 13961 frames while the second run goes thru 69044
	frames.  If you can't find it in the archives I can send a copy.

> hmm. did you try to increase buffer limits in demuxer.h ?
>
> #define MAX_PACK_BYTES 0x800000
> #define MAX_PACKS 4096

	Ah, no, I have not changed anything in demuxer.h

	Could the fact that the audio is raw PCM (48k, 16bit) be part of the
	problem?

	I see that HAVE_TV_BSDBT848 is defined.   In demuxer.h I see

#define MAX_PACKS 4096
#ifdef HAVE_TV_BSDBT848
#define MAX_PACK_BYTES 0x2000000
#else
#define MAX_PACK_BYTES 0x800000
#endif

	so in my case MAX_PACK_BYTES should be 0x2000000, correct?

> maybe if you send teh dvd disc :)

	~4.5GB would take a while ;)

	One thing I will try is a SuSE 8.0 system and see if the problem
	happens there also - if it does that would say the problem is not
	a OS/system related one.

	Thanks for the hints.

	Steven Schultz
	sms at 2bsd.com