[MPlayer-users] what happends with -vc divxds?

Alex alexftp at gomail.com.ua
Fri May 31 00:20:01 CEST 2002

Hello2All!
Ok, with using of Fraunhoffer lib I understand. :)
I found some thing, what work earlier, but don't work now: in MPlayer 0.60 (and maybe in 0.90pre1-2) while I use "-vc divxds -hardframedrop" at my slow machine (WinChip2A-200) movie play fast but shows only active element, face or body, car, etc. (all the rest was not visible or bad visible, like "-vc ffdivx -hardframedrop" but much faster). But now, in pre4  all my divx movies play with "-vc divxds -hardframedrop" just like "-vc divx, divx4 ... -hardframedrop"... :( The joke is that earlier using "-vc divxds -hardframedrop" I CAN watch all movie (w/o dropping many frames).
So that is the problem: changes in decoder? Well, -vc divxds now faster than -vc ffdivx but slover than -vc divx with same quality of picture...

Best regards, Alex

PS MPlayer is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!