[MPlayer-users] Ati Tvout with mplayer

nebehajv at freemail.hu nebehajv at freemail.hu
Fri May 31 11:39:02 CEST 2002

Hi!

I have an Ati XPert 2000 video card (with rage128 chip).
The problem is, that the TV out function does not work
correctly. If the TV cable is connected during boot,
everything works - until I start X. Then the screen blanks.
When I switch back to console, again, everything is fine, but
the display of X can not be seen at all. I use XFree 4.0.2, and tried
with 4.2.0 too, with the gatos driver in both cases.
If I change the driver from 'r128' to 'vesa', it works correctly,
but the position of the screen can not be adjusted, and with no
hardware acceleration (very slow). The vesa driver does not accept
modelines I give it, so I can not set the right position.
What should I do for correct display? There is no way for the vesa
driver to give modelines? Could the original X or the gatos drivers
be used with this card and TVout? I need X anyway, because I work on an X
application, which uses MPlayer for playing movies.

Thanx,
--
[Vilmos Nebehaj]	<nebehajv at freemail.hu>