[MPlayer-users] BUGREPORT Option stop_xscreensaver brings some trouble along

Christoph Grimmer crimson at tzi.de
Sat Nov 2 13:45:02 CET 2002

Hi!
First of all: I'm not subscribed and I don't want to, but I do hope
you will accept this bugreport anyway. Because I strongly believe,
that bugreports are the duty of any person using free and
noncommercial software. This for that.

I downloaded the new pre9 as RPM. I'm running redhat-7.3 and I'm using
gnome as a windowmanager. When I tried the new stop_xscreensaver
option, I ran into some problems:

1. When watching a movie from a CD you can't umount the CD afterwards
   because the xscreensaver is started from the actual directory
   (i.e. /mnd/cdrom/). Therefore the device is busy and can't be
   unmountet until an "killall xscreensaver" took care of that...

2. Second problem is, that for some reason mplayer wont give away the
   audio device while the new xscreensaver is running. I couldn't
   listen to music (or start a new esd) until I, again, killed the
   xscreensaver.

I recommend to start the xscreensaver from the user's home, this
should be a simple workaround. About the sound device I don't know,
I'm no hacker.

Hope to help,
C.

--
Der Plan für heute: Planlos durch Chaos!