[MPlayer-users] mencoder with -ss and -endpos

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Sat Nov 2 19:46:02 CET 2002

Hi,

I can live without -ss for a moment. I will report it, when I am
finished with the most important task - just getting the right results.
I am still fighting with getting my NTSC DVDs right: I still havent
figured out why the fps and output file size is not OK... I get all
possible combinations for the moment... (good fps, but wrong size in 2nd
pass (lavc option, not -pass anymore), good video length, but too short
audio etc. etc.) _sigh_

but your feedback is very helpful, thank you.
Dominik

>not reported bugs are not fixed.
>so if you want to wait forever for the fix - then wait...
>

>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>Arpi wrote:
>>

>>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>>Hi,

>>>someone must report it, as DOCS/bugreports.html says
>>>which fileformat? etc... did you removed frameno.avi ?
>>>

>>yes I did. I'll put it honest: this bug is not killing me, so i wont
>>uninstall my otherwise working pre9, go to CVS, compile libavcodec
>>myself and eventually install pre9 back only because of -ss
>>inconviniency. I think it eventually could be done by someone using
>>MPlayer CVS version on a regular basis also having this problem.
>>
>>I can still fill out the bug form using my pre9, if this comes helpfull.
>>Let me know.
>>
>>And if I find a bug that is really killing me I will go to CVS, of course.
>>
>>thank you
>>Dominik
>>

>>>A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

>A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team