[MPlayer-users] support-forum or flame-list?

justin case justin_case at gmx.net
Sat Nov 2 22:30:02 CET 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: mplayer-users-admin at mplayerhq.hu
[mailto:mplayer-users-admin at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of j.a.l
Sent: Sonntag, 3. November 2002 02:46
To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] support-forum or flame-list?

[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
DOCS/bugreports.html] nico berndt wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html] hi all,
>
> i follow this "mplayer is too efficient"-thread for a while now.
>
> one thing really bothers me:
> i was (still am) having trouble with mplayer. i wrote twice to this
> list
> - not one reply. ok, can't force nobody, right?
>
> but when i see amounts of energy wasted in things like this other
> thread, i really get bad mood.
>
> since there is no manufacturer behind most linux-apps i am depending
> on information and help from other users, as we all do, but this is
> only given, if you hit the right code: either over-technical (to
> prove, you are _one of them_ of stupidly-agressive, so its time for a
> flame-war.
>
> hmm, and what am i supposed to do? my mplayer is still of no real use.
>
> all the best

I'm not one of mplayer hacker but here some clues :
- you send with just "my mplayer doesn't work" : reason for no answer
no, i actually sent in some details about my problem also included in
the subject

- no full report : reason for no answer
there was no error-output, i just had problems with scaling and stuff,
but i described it.

- you asked question reported in manual, faq... : reason for no answer
nope

- other reason : nobody is able to help you because nobody get this bug,

nobody already solved it. ( but you can / must do it )
this might be possible, although i would wonder..

well, anyway, thx for answering. i was just getting depressed with
seeing people spending energy on stupid tasks, no offense.

/jc