[MPlayer-users] < newbie question >Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read DOCS/cd-dvd.html.

Clemens Wächter clemenswaechter at web.de
Sat Nov 2 22:42:03 CET 2002

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002 20:59:18 +0000 (GMT)
Graeme McLaren <lordmickel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all, I'm getting this error:
>
> Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)!
> Read DOCS/cd-dvd.html.
>
> How do I compile with libcss support?  I'm new to
> Linux and mplayer so I don't really know what this is
> all about :'(
>

> Cheers to anyone who can shed any light on this,
>

> Graeme :)

Hi,

its all in the docs. Read http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/cd-dvd.html it answers almost every
question. What you are looking for is the -dvd commandline option, try playing your dvd
with
mplayer -dvd <track>

Note that you will most probably not have to recompile mplayer since a css support is always
compiled in by default.

Clemens