[MPlayer-users] what happened to french translation ?

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Nov 3 13:31:08 CET 2002

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 12:37:08PM +0100, nico wrote:
> I noticed that mplayer's french documentation was not included anymore in the
> tarball. There's still a french doc available on the website, but it's not
> accessible directly and seems to be seriously not up-to-date :-(

Yes, it is unmaintained and seriously out of date (12 months old).  It
should be in the tarball, though, since it is also in CVS.  I'll add the
link to the website in a moment.

> So I would like to know if there's still somebody in charge of the french
> translation, and if there's a specific mailing-list for that...

No, nobody in charge anymore.  The job is up for grabs ..

> I would like to translate at least the man page, and why not update/rewrite
> all the others docs, it would be nice to get the french doc again for 0.90
> final...

You're more than welcome to do so.  Just start translating and send me
patches (read DOCS/tech/patches.txt), I'll commit them.
Regards

Diego