[MPlayer-users] Problem using mencoder

gabor farkas gabor at realtime.sk
Sun Nov 3 14:48:02 CET 2002

On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 06:12:27PM +0100, Jan Kroken wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm unable to get the 2/3 pass encoding example in the documentation to
> work... it looks like I'm missing some library, but I can't find out
> which one...
>
> Here's the mencoder output:
>
> $ mencoder -dvd 2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:more_options -oac copy
> -o movie.avi -pass 1

that 'more_options' was meant in the documentation that put the other
options (bitrate, quality settings etc) here...

like:
mencoder -dvd 2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq -oac copy -o
movie.avi -pass 1

of course the options will be different for you, see the manpages for
info about -lavcopts

bye,
gabor