[MPlayer-users] how to avoid de-interlacing with mencoder?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Nov 3 20:58:02 CET 2002

Well, no deinterlacing happens unless you specify it with -vop
pp=(something). What I suspect is happening is that the divx compression
creates the undesireable effects. There's a possibility that you might
be able properly deinterlace the video BEFORE encoding, but I'm not
familiar with what you describe.

Upload a sample portion of your video to
ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ along with a descriptive text file,
and re-post.

-Corey