[MPlayer-users] Compiling on Solaris 7/SPARC

Götz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Mon Nov 4 09:53:02 CET 2002

Am Sonntag,  3. November 2002, 18:18:19 Uhr MET, schrieb Jessica Blank:
> 	ANOTHER QUESTION: Can anyone think of any other issues which would
> prevent mplayer and/or libavcodec from running properly on Solaris/SPARC?
> I noticed that certain portions of the source tree had i386/alpha/PPC/etc.
> architecture-specific directories, but no SPARC...

Hi,

older versions of mplayer and libavcodec build fine on Solaris7/SPARC.
The version I'm running is MPlayer CVS-021025-10:44-2.95.2. The
architecture specific dirs in libavcodec contain optimized versions of
the code that also exists as portable C functions.

The current CVS of libavcodec doesn't build ATM, because the wmadec.c
code uses the lrintf function that doesn't exist here:
Undefined			first referenced
 symbol  			    in file
lrintf                              libavcodec/libavcodec.a(wmadec.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to mplayer

If you have the source of lrintf for Solaris you could send it to me.

CU

--
   Götz Waschk <> master of computer science  <> University of Rostock
 http://wwwtec.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key