[MPlayer-users] -vo yuv4mpeg -noframedrop drops frames (again...)

Cyril PICARD cpcp at free.fr
Mon Nov 4 12:10:02 CET 2002

Hi all
I saw in the ML archive that somebody already pointed out the behaviour of
mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg...

<RECALL>
> My origional avi was encoded at 12.5 fps, I then increased the framerate >
with: > mencoder -oac copy -ovc divx4 -ofps 25 > then I pass the resultant avi
through: > mplayer -ao pcm -vo yuv4mpeg -noframedrop > it drops all the extra
frames that I have just inserted and produces a > yuv stream at 25fps but
playing at twice the speed of the origional. > > Is there any way to prevent
this, or is this a bug?
</RECALL>

Is there a workaround now ?
Or does is there any plan about it ? (I meet this behaviour yesterday, trying
to convert my AVI file to MPEG format and I would like to know about it before
wasting my time looking for another way to do it)

Thanks !
Cyril