[MPlayer-users] Special Usage of the Mplayer

Thomas Erdmann erdmann at igt-gmbh.de
Mon Nov 4 12:43:02 CET 2002

Hello,

the mplayer is REALLY the best player for linux !!!
But I have 3 questions for that:

1.) I have digitalized Video8 films in avi container coded with motion jpeg (matrox rainbow runner). Is there a decoder for mplayer ? I want to convert them to divx because it's compacter.

2.) I use mplayer with the vdr to display divx on the dvb -card. I configured some lirc keys for fast forward and so on, but some work some other don't. Are there Limitations in the dvb driver or arent all mplayer functions configurable for lirc ?

3.) Is there a way to display jpeg photos with mplayer ? I want to use mplayer because it knows the dvb card with is connected to the big TV ;-)

best regards,
  Thomas