[MPlayer-users] Bugreport (svgalib-bpp8-subtitle)

Korosi Akos korosiakos at freemail.hu
Mon Nov 4 22:30:04 CET 2002

Hi all!

I think I found a bug.
That is on my older configuration, on which I can watch
movies only with svgalib; with '-bpp 16' everithing goes
well, but with '-bpp 8' subtitle is not displayed.

That config is:
AMD k6-2 350 MHz
ASUS V3000 - riva128 graph card
192 MB RAM

I know this is a very old config, but I was very happy
when I could set it up for movies. Unfortunately it isn't
enough strong even with svgalib for some movies, so I
must watch them with 8 bit color (-bpp 8), but in this
mode I can not see the subtitle.
I put every related stuff (files) in the attached .tgz file.
I made every file, that I read in bugreport "howto".
I hope this will help you to find out the source of the
problem, I would be very happy if I could make
that config a "film wathcer" config.

Here are another bugreport, but for this I didn't made
any bugreport files (you could silently ignore this bug,
if you want), because I didn't have time for it:
- with latest CVS (last friday :)) if I watched movie with
  '-vo svga -bpp 8' it was as slow as with sdl (on that old
  config), and with '-vo svga -bpp 16' it was much faster.
  With 'pre8' distrib '-bpp 8' is faster thab '-bpp 16'.
  I use 'pre8' now on that config because of this.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Akos