[MPlayer-users] -oac copy + -audiofile broken?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Nov 5 02:33:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> > > Well -audiofile works fine if you re-encode the audio. But it breaks
> > > with -oac copy.
> >
> > mp3 audio file? or wav? or both broken?
>
> I've looked into the problem a bit, and it seems demux_audio.c sets up
> broken audio headers/waveformat. For instance, some fields aren't even
> initialized and contain bogus out-of-range values. I've tried fixing
> it, but -oac copy seems to break even worse then... :( Think you could
> take a look?

fixed, it was the same problem as with your old mencoder-created avi :)
(bad mp3 header)

btw, it requires -mc 0 at encoding, as the PTS is still broken...
i've tried to fix, but the whole demux_audio.c is a whole mess, touch
fields of sh_audio it shouldn't, and write bad values to the places it
should so it should be actually rewritten, or at least read and understand
and then reimplement the timing code.
i wonder if it even works somehow...

btw as soon as i got some time, i'll update the demuxers to teh new api and
then will go through every demuxer and check if they do their job right,
including steram selection, -noosund, seeking, PTS handling etc. most of
them (almost all not written by me) seems to be broken somehow.
yes i know i should write some doc about 'how to write a demuxer' but it's
too complex to write down...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team