[MPlayer-users] arts driver semms to be slow

Hinrich Aue H_Aue at gmx.de
Tue Nov 5 10:40:02 CET 2002

I use mplayer 0.90pre9-3.0.4,Debian Woody, onboard via686 Sound with alsa and
artsd with KDE 3.0.4.
(So, not everything is woody anymore)
I can use mplayer with artsd, but it slows down the videoplayback.
I tried with xine also, and it works. Only to show me if my machine is t slow
(duron 650, 256 MHz Ram, Geforce2MX - 32MB)
A friend of mine has a HP XT1000 Notebook with a Maestro soundcard and
PIII 1,2 GHz. On his notebook it's working, I think it's simply faster than my
machine.
Any ideas?