[MPlayer-users] question: sound ok, but absolutely no video

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Tue Nov 5 20:56:10 CET 2002

Am Montag, 4. November 2002 04.29 schrieb Brian Kreulen:
> fbdev: Can't open /dev/fb0: No such device

Basic. You're running X11, aren't you? Then you have to use one of the
corresponding drivers. fbdev is for fbdev (which is not X11).

> Diamond Viper V770 AGP w/ 32 megs

Now I don't know what chipset this card uses. But you may try the
following drivers:

xvidix / xv / dga / sdl / x11 / vesa

Please note, that for xvidix, dga and vesa, you must run mplayer as
root. For sdl, it might be necessary as well.

> I've included, as an attachment, the output of trying
> to play a file.

No, you didn't.

--
                     _ ___      http://www.p2501.ch/             / \
|/  /\   /\   /\  | \   |  |    christof at buergi.lugs.ch          \ /
|\ /--\ /  \ /  \ | /_  |  |    I'm breaking for DAUs, too!       x
                                Say NO to HTML in mail and news  / \