[MPlayer-users] format out stdout progress

j.a.l j.a.l at free.fr
Tue Nov 5 23:05:03 CET 2002

Erick Calder wrote:
> I've looked all through TFM but cannot find a description of the output line
> mplayer writes whilst playing a file.  the line looks like this:
>

>>A:   4.4 V:   4.4 A-V:  0.022 ct: -0.043   94/ 94   2%  2%  1.2% 0 0 19%
>

> can anyone explain to me what the various values represent?  and can we
> document this somewhere too?
>
> thx - erick

Q: What is the meaning of the numbers on the status line?
     A: Example: A: 2.1 V: 2.2 A-V: -0.167 ct: 0.042 57/57 41% 0% 2.6% 0
4 49%

         * A: audio position in seconds
         * V: video position in seconds
         * A-V: audio-video difference in seconds (delay)
         * ct: total A-V sync correction done
         * frames played (counting from last seek)
         * frames decoded (counting from last seek)
         * video codec cpu usage in percent (for slices and DR this
includes video_out)
         * video_out cpu usage
         * audio codec cpu usage in percent
         * frames needed to drop to maintain A-V sync
         * current level of image postprocessing (when using -autoq)
         * current cache size used (around 50% is normal)

Most of them are for debug purposes and will be removed at some point.

from file "MPlayer-0.90pre9/DOCS/faq.html" ; do you know the famous
mplayer tag : RTFM ????