[MPlayer-users] using dump stream to dump part of a movie

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Nov 6 01:13:01 CET 2002

> HI,
> I was just wondering if there was anyway to use the -dumpstream (or
> -streamdump I always forget which it is :-)) to dump only part of a movie
> to a file (via the -ss option ) every time I try it it seems to ignore the -ss.
> thanks
> dan

-dumpstream operates on the stream layer - while -ss requires the demuxer
layer. to be able to do what you want, it should demux the content, and then
re-mux the selected part to a new file, with new headers etc...

mencoder streamcopy can do that, but only to AVI output format

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team