[MPlayer-users] Could Grant D Lewis please contact me.

Per Mellander per.m at mmtab.se
Thu Nov 7 12:25:02 CET 2002

I'm sorry for being of topic but I need help from G D Lewis who wrote:

>I have the Fortissimo and use alsa as my primary ao, but then I use RH, so
>I'm not sure exactly how it was setup.
>
>What info would you need?  Tell me where to look and I'll get it for you.
>
>--
>Grant D. Lewis
>Running RedHat Linux (Limbo beta) kernel 2.4.18-5.58 on an i686

I need some help to get my Hercules Fortissimo II to work with mplayer.

I've been struggling for a few days to get this working:

RedHat 7.3
2.4.18-3custom ( Recompiled to use dualhead on Matrox 450 )
MPlayer 0.90pre9
Hercules Fortissimo II
alsa0.9.0rc5

When I start playing a movie using the front speaker output I do get L and R
channel but it sounds like someone has 'filtered' out the center channel.
When I crank the volume up the dialog can be heard but it's just like some
hissing and cracking noise.

It's the same when I use aplay /usr/share/sndconfig/sample.au.

When I use the kernel module cs46xx the sound is working alright.

Do you have any suggestions! I spent the evening yesterday trying to get any
info of the net but nada.

( What I really would like to get working is the toslink, but that seems not
to be possible with current drivers.(?) )

Sincerely,

Per Mellander