[MPlayer-users] mplayer and low end machines

Korosi Akos korosiakos at freemail.hu
Thu Nov 7 17:28:02 CET 2002

DOCS/bugreports.html]
wrote:
> > As I know, the best performace to use MPlayer is with
> > svgalib. Of course svgalib has to support your video
> > card (or chipset). Look for details at www.svgalib.org
>
> Huh? SVGAlib will be very slow because it requires
colorspace
> conversion. The fastest is mga_vid/vidix, and second
place after that
> is xv.

On that config (k6-2 350, riva 124) svgalib is the fastest,
xv wouldn't start at all, so as vidix (no nvidia riva
support).
It is true that vidix and xv is the fastest, but just with
recent graphic cards (I think).
But this is no problem, because svgalib supports nvidia,
rage, savage, etc very well, and if you has more recent
card, you can use xv or vidix.

Has anybody any other opinions?
(I would be happy if I could speed up more that config...)

Best regards,
Akos