[MPlayer-users] Success Report: Dedicated DivX-Player w/TV-Out

Roberto De Leo deleo at unica.it
Fri Nov 8 01:32:02 CET 2002

Hi Martin,
I started developing two similar projects [one without X and one with X]
two months ago, if you are interested you can get more info from
    http://movix.sf.net/

The one with X is called MoviX2.
It uses the full X 4.2.0 libraries and supports all audio cards supported
by the OSS and (in principle) all video cards supported by XFree86,
and it has been reported working [more or less] fine with Matrox, Ati
and NVidia cards.
It boots from CD using SysLinux, loads the whole system in RAM,
contains a mplayer compiled with support for most of the vo drivers
[xmga,xv,x11,dga,gl,gl2,sdl,xvidix,fbdev,vesa,aa] and runs on machines
with >= 96MB RAM, but Ati TV-out is still pretty unstable [did not manage
to make gatos drivers working].

It would be very nice if you'd want to help me setting up the TV-out
for Ati cards, but in any case you may find MoviX2 useful to expand
your own project.

Hope it helps,
 Roberto