[MPlayer-users] Mplayer as a shared library

Diego Zuccato diego at otello.alma.unibo.it
Fri Nov 8 10:41:02 CET 2002

Balatoni Denes wrote:

> Imho you can link anything to lgpl stuff, there the licence only applies to
> the library itself, not to what you are linking it to.
If you dynamically link a LGPL library to your program: no problem -
choose any licence you wish for your code.
If you statically link LGPL library to your code: you have to distribute
a version of your program that can be *linked* to a newer version of the
library (so you have to distribute yourprogram.o at least).

At least it's what I remember from interpreting LGPL :-)

BYtE,
 Diego.