[MPlayer-users] how to make DivX/avi file smaller?

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Fri Nov 8 13:23:02 CET 2002

On 02.11.08 Moritz Bunkus pressed the following keys:

> From my experiments it does NOT mean that the resulting OGM will be out
> of sync if the AVI used as a source had perfect sync (at least for MP3
> sound. I don't have that many AC3 AVIs lying around here that I wanted
> to test with so I cut those tests rather short.).
>
> The hint in the man page means that you cannot specifiy sync values
> using the -s switch. But the original a/v sync should be retained.

I did some OGM-s with AC3 sound using latest OGM and the sync was OK.
ogmmerge even allowed me to offset AC3 sound (the code you added that
removes/duplicates ac3 packets apparently works). The resulting files
worked on MPlayer/Linux and BSPlayer/Widnows 98se.

Robert

PS. Actually I've had one problem on Windows but I suppose it was
related to OggDS rather than to ogmtools:

I made ``Pitch black'' with three audio tracks AC3 5.1 main track, and
two vorbis 48kbps tracks with director's, actors' and staffs'
commentary. When I played it on windows, player played at the same time
AC3 track and one of vorbis tracks. It wasn't player's fault I think,
because when I opened the file with graphedit, the graph it
autoconstructed also had two audio tracks connected to speakers.

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35