[MPlayer-users] Ripped DVD got wrong aspect ratio?

Chris Phillips chris at thirtythreeandathird.net
Fri Nov 8 16:02:02 CET 2002

> > Am i missing something... afaik no one has yet actually mentioned the -vop
> > scale option.... personally i'd say encode with scale=-1:-2, as it's all
> > automatic.
> I mentioned it in the mail that started the thread :
>  - O - O -
> Do I have to use -vop scale as TFM says in 2.4.2.2 (isn't it for VCD
> only?) ?
>  - O - O -
>
> But TFM says just "-vop scale" without parameters... Is -1:-2 the
> default?

TFM says:

scale[=w:h[:c[:p]]]
    Scales the image with the software scaler (slow) and performs a
    YUV<->RGB colorspace conversion (see -sws  option  too).   The
    value 0 is used for scaled (aspect) destination w/h.  (default:
    original w/h, destination  w/h  with  -zoom)  Optionaly  chroma
    skipping  (c from 0-3) and scaling parameters can be specified.
    (see the -sws option for details)

so all this stupidly long drawn out and sidetracked thread was started
when you'd not even bothered to try an option you already knew about, and
is even called "scale"???

chris
xxxx