[MPlayer-users] Ripping dvd w/ 2-langs & 2-subs ?

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Fri Nov 8 20:59:01 CET 2002

On 02.11.08 Nyk Tarr pressed the following keys:

> I have a file that claims to have multi subs in it using ogm.
> Having said that, I'm blowed if I know how to get to the other sub
> channels, or how to encode a similar file using mencoder...

mplayer -v file.ogm

will show you sth like this:

8<---
==> Found video stream: 0
OGG stream 0 is video (new hdr)
======= VIDEO Format ======
  biSize 40
  biWidth 512
  biHeight 288
  biPlanes 1
  biBitCount 16
  biCompression 1482049860='DIVX'
  biSizeImage 294912
===========================
==> Found audio stream: 1
OGG : stream 1 is vorbis
OGG stream 2 is text
OGG stream 3 is text
OGG demuxer : found 1 audio stream, 1 video stream and 2 text streams
Detected OGG file format!
8<---

So now you know that are the subtitle streams' ids (2 and 3 in this
example). Play this movie again with

mplayer -sid subtitle-id file.ogm

As for creation of ogm files, mplayer can't do this directly, but you
can extract pcm audio (simple .wav) and DivX video and create ogm file
with ogmtools (get it from www.bunkus.org).

Robert

PS. RTFM could help from time to time.

--