[MPlayer-users] Ripped DVD got wrong aspect ratio?

Markus Liebl lieblm at troja.mayn.de
Sat Nov 9 01:02:02 CET 2002

On Fri, 08 Nov 2002 23:08:18 +0000
Dominik Szczerba <domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch> wrote:

> >>and please comment on vqmax as well...
> >use the default (15)
> which default? 15 or 31 ;) (confusion in TFM). What's the enfluence. I
> get vqmin now, explain vqmax 15 and 31, please.
ok, the default of vqmax is 31. The value in mplayer manpage is wrong.

Hm, I think there is no difference (15 vs 31). If you encode a movie and
your frames reach quant 15 or higher, your movie looks bad. Then it is
better to lower the resolution or to use more cds. (1CD -> 2CD)

Bye,
Markus

--
     The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.