[MPlayer-users] xdm restarts on Xv playback, is it only nvidia ?

Lethal Weapon lethalwp at tiscali.be
Sat Nov 9 07:36:02 CET 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-09 at 03:52, Manolis Tzanidakis wrote:
> Hello world,
> 2 weeks ago I sent a message on the list about kdm/xdm restarting when
> playing through Xv w/ mplayer. I have that problem w/ ogle too and I
> guess it must be nvidia's bin drv's problem. Does anybody with a
> non-nvidia card have such probs ? The first time I logon with kdm and
> play a movie, kdm restarts itself, I logon again & it works. I don't
> have a non-nvidia vid.card available at the moment (mach64 on my
> notebook works great w/ xvidix :^) to check it myself.
> If it's nvidia-only problem I'll send them a bug report....

When i:
X :1 -layout tv

DISPLAY=:1.0 mplayer -fs stuff.avi

in most cases the first time it runs, the second time i start a movie
redirecting to :1; it crashes X :1.

(btw: mplayer doesn't have a proper terminal shutdown when it crashes, i
have to "reset" the term ;) )

I also have a nvidia (gef4) and i believe their 3123 are the cause of
this.  Mailed them; they didn't replied.

Greetz,
	Ltwp