[MPlayer-users] maximum space

Brendan Ragan reaper at post1.com
Sat Nov 9 20:12:02 CET 2002

Hello Chris,

Sunday, November 10, 2002, 2:38:28 AM, you wrote:

CP> is there anything stopping you just doing an extremely simple sum to get
CP> the bitrate??

CP> filesize = length * (video_bitrate + audio_bitrate)

CP> hardly complicated. of course if you can't be arsed to even do that, try
CP> my program... http://acidrip.thirtythreeandathird.net . And eitherway,
CP> with 3-pass encoding mencoder DOES recommend a bitrate.

... hardly rocket science EXCEPT that the codecs appear to be VBR...
and i've tried using the calculated settings and i'm getting much
smaller files than it says (which isn't a bad thing and they look
fine. so it's not a big issue for DVD rips)

But i'd also like to use the program to encode motion graphics etc
that i create for distro across the net. my video, so it's not going
to be for CDs... so the estimations that mplayer gives me aren't
neccesarily that useful.

--
Best regards,
 Brendan                            mailto:reaper at post1.com

=====

"It's very popular, at midnight, everyone dancing on street here" - Underworld...