[MPlayer-users] problem reencoding videos captured from TV

Matija Grabnar matija.grabnar at arnes.si
Sun Nov 10 06:11:02 CET 2002

> i'm lost.. you can't use FFMPEGrec...? why are you telling us this? why
> not just use mencoder to record tv in the first place...?
I'm sorry, I copied the wrong command line out of my script.
Here is the correct command line:

mencoder -v -tv on:driver=v4l:width=512:height=384:volume=45000 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=$bps -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=96 -frames $frameduration -o $outname

Anyway, the point is that when I recompress this with mencoder's three
pass encoding, I get a large desync between audio and video.
For the exact parameters, see my previous message, and for an example
of both the captured video, and the recompressed video, see the
file I uploaded to the mplayerhq ftp.

Matija