[MPlayer-users] DVDs slow on a 2Ghz P4?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Nov 11 09:11:02 CET 2002

My "magic recipe" :-) for a fast media player is this (the first is the
most important, the last is the least important):
- enable DMA on the DVD
- use Xv for video
- use ALSA for audio
When all these conditions are met, the CPU usage is the lowest.

Your mileage may vary. ;-)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/