[MPlayer-users] sorenson v3

Jesse Allen uh_ja at gmx.net
Tue Nov 12 18:46:02 CET 2002

> I think this because the 1st picture (AFAIK it is used to make your QT player to have nice background around the main movie) is stored in different (first) track.  The video is stored in track no.2. There's some switch to force mplayer to play the 2nd track - and I guess it won't work :-) <<

That's interesting to point out.  I have seen that background image but that's not what it is.  It is a picture of Frodo on the right and Sam towards the middle, a picture right from this trailer.  The color is slightly off, and the image looks a little squashed, but it is perfect in detail.  Track #1 is a jpeg photo (probably the background image).  Track #5 is detected as Sorenson v3 in this snapshot. It doesn't know what track 0,2,3,4 are.  The command I used was "mplayer -vo vesa the_two_towers-tlr_fs.l.mov" so I wasn't forcing it to play track 5, but I'm pretty sure that was pulled from track 5.  To get it to display the image I hit spacebar it pause it right before it the screen blanks for it, otherwise it just flashes and you don't see it at all.  So what it seems to me is that the jpeg image triggers that codec, but for some reason it pulls an image from the middle of the trailer...

Jesse