[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-20020804 (cvs) -> MPlayer-0.90pre10: "too slow"

Noah Romer klevin at eskimo.com
Wed Nov 13 01:00:03 CET 2002

I tried to upgrade my MPlayer installation today, from a cvs checkout
made on August 4 to the 0.90pre10 release. However, when I tried to play
a SVCD mpeg file, the audio and video were extremely choppy and, if I
let it run long enough, MPlayer poped up a message saying my computer
was too slow. I tried changing the audio drivers from OSS to SDL, but it
didn't do any good. I never had any problem with my 20020804 build, and
when I dropped back to it, the problem went away.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Just FYI, my system is an Athlon XP 1500, 1GB ram and a Radeon 8500 QL
running XFree 4.2 with the recent Radeon drivers.

Thanks.
--
Noah Romer        |"Listen, I'm a politician which means I'm a cheat and
klevin at eskimo.com |a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies I'm stealing