[MPlayer-users] Playing a movie without X windows

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Nov 13 17:26:02 CET 2002

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 04:07:59PM +0100, Petr Pajas wrote:
> D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> writes:
>
> >> X Window, NOT Windows! This is a very common fault. Windows is MS Windows.
> >
> > Neither!!! RTFM man X!!!
> >
> >> X Window or X Windowing System.
> >
> > X Windowing System is one correct name.
> >
> > Rich
>
> before posting this OT junk, have *you* RTFM X? I doubt it:
>
> X Windowing System ... 0 matches
> X Window System ... 7 matches

Apologies, I just copied what Gabor said. You're right that "X Window
System" is more correct. However this was mostly irrelevant; the point
is that "X Window" is a totally wrong name, just like "X Windows".

> so as you see, there is no "ing".
> but hey, does this thread actually help anyone?

Yes, it keeps people from saying the same wrong nonsense over and over
again...hopefully. :)

Rich