[MPlayer-users] RoQ decoding

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Wed Nov 13 17:37:02 CET 2002

Not a bug, I am only curious.....

I have roq video from wolfenstein somewhere, but when I play it it doesn't look very good. It looks like small colour random dots are in heads of persons, near by torch
and other places where some 'static' part of screen is interrupted with some movement (mostly in the second half of movie)

is it decoding issue (in this case I will send complete bugreport) or is this normal for roq videos? I cannot compare how it looks in game now....

(maybe not the best time to ask, but it just came into my mind when I saw message about roq encoding ;-)