[MPlayer-users] missing audio under win98 with mencoder encoded files

Gerhard den Hollander gerhard at jasongeo.com
Wed Nov 13 21:44:02 CET 2002

* Deepak <ae99008 at aero.iitm.ernet.in> (Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 02:01:44AM +0530)
> i encoded some mpeg videos to divx using mencoder with libavcodec mpeg4
> encoding for the video stream and streamcopy for the audio stream:

> mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts=mpeg4 -oac copy -o movie.avi movie.mpg

> the avi plays back perfectly in linux, using either mplayer or xine but
> under windows, any media player (wmp, divx playa, sasami) can't play the
> audio stream.

Well, get a better player ;)

> as an aside.. how do i copy a vcd directly to a file. something like
> mencoder -vcd 2 -ovc copy -oac copy -o movie.dat
> copies the VCD to disk but without an index. i have to use -forceidx
> everytime to play it. also, i have to know which/how many tracks are
> present on the VCD (for the -vcd x) any better way to do this??

This is trivial.
1) mount vcd asa normal cd
   mount /cdrom
2) cd /cdrom/MPEGAV
    there you will find a bunch of files called something like AVSEQ??.DAT
    that's your mpeg streams
    cp -p AVSEQ* /somehwere/on/your/local/disk

	Gerhard,  (@jasongeo.com)	== The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	If I don't see you no more on this world
 =`\<,	I'll meet you on the next one