[MPlayer-users] Audio <=> Video asynchronous

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Nov 14 23:39:02 CET 2002

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 12:15:02PM -0800, Sycotic Smith wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 08:56:11PM +0100, Frank Stoeckl wrote:
> > > I'm using the -vo directx
> > > is there another alternative for windows users except installing x11?
> >
> > Yes, SDL. But building with SDL is a pain because the default SDL
> > install is intentionally broken on cygwin (it forces mingw mode).
> >
> > Rich
>
> That's being worked on right now. There is a thread about it on the
> -cygwin list (in case you aren't on that list). IMHO we are close to
> having it solved. I wouldn't call it 'intentionally broken' though,
> just buggy. :)

No, it's definitely intentionally broken. I mean broken by the SDL
developers, not by mplayer. Apparently the official position is that
any program using SDL should only use ansi c lib and SDL calls, no
unix stuff, and this -mno-cygwin is justified. Of course this is
totally brain damaged, but that's what people say on #SDL... :((

Personally I just --disable-sdl.

Rich