[MPlayer-users] Re: mp3PRO

Ross claymen at walan.org
Fri Nov 15 05:53:02 CET 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:37 pm, mplayer-users-request at mplayerhq.hu wrote:
> the question is not that we want to encode in mp3pro... we aren't mad.
> but mplayer should be able to play everything what windows can, at least
> on x86, including the most hated formats like wma or mp3pro, svq3 and so
> on.
>
>A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

Im not saying dont add support, in fact i would like to see support just for
completeness. However i am partial to prefer a linux native one which can be
used on other archs, such as Super-H and PPC, etc. Still support would be
good, but i prefer it if people wouldnt encode with it, again im not against
it in terms of encoding either, i just think it better to encode with codecs
that ARE better and less troublesom regarding licenses and also other factors
like support for the decoder.

Still mp3PRO is backward compatible, so u can play them now, just you wont get
the quality you would with an mp3PRO capable decoder.

- Ross

Excuse any spelling mistakes, its been a long day of exams so far.

--
BOFH excuse #220:

Someone thought The Big Red Button was a light switch.