[MPlayer-users] Problem with P4???

S. Vandenbroeck autobandventielschroefdopje at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 15 11:07:02 CET 2002

>From: Corey Hickey <bugfood-ml at fatooh.org>
>To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
>Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Problem with P4???
>Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:46:12 -0800
>
>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>Just to be sure, you are using gmplayer, right? If you run mplayer,
>that's the standard version, without the gui.
>
>Also, you aren't running gmplayer from a terminal with 'su -', are you?
>Try to run another x11 program from that terminal, like xlogo or xclock.
>
>If none of that helps any, please post the FULL output of gmplayer -v.
>
>-Corey

The xlogo thingie works for me. I ran gmplayer -v and I got this output (
it's the same as when I type "gmplayer" without the -v):

-----------------------
Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /usr/share/locale

MPlayer 0.90pre9-RPM-3.1 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 Xeon Foster (Family: 8, Stepping: 2)
Compiled with RUNTIME CPU Detection - warning, it's not optimal! To get best
performance, recompile MPlayer with --disable-runtime-cpudetection
[cfg] read config file: /root/.mplayer/gui.conf
gmplayer: relocation error: gmplayer: undefined symbol: XineramaIsActive