[MPlayer-users] AV Sysnc pb when using -audiofile option

etienne gandhi gandhi.etienne at siemens.com
Fri Nov 15 13:12:14 CET 2002

Hi all,

I'am using MPlayer 0.90pre10-2.95.4 with -audiofile option.

I have a progesive AV desynchronisation when playing the movie. I d'ont
think this is a ressouce problem (using Athlon 1.2GHz).

I used the following line to extract the audio:

 > mencoder -dvd 2 -dvd-device /wscsi/assenceur/ -aid 130 -ovc frameno
-oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=96:q=0:aq=0:ratio=20:vol=6 -o
./audiofile.avi -v
 > mplayer ./audiofile.avi -dumpaudio
 > mv stream.dump assenceur_snd_eng.mp3

And play with:

 > mplayer -vo xv -framedrop -audiofile assenceur_snd_eng.mp3
assenceur_fra.avi

When using forward key it is very noticable. At the beginig of the
movie, the AV is synchronised.
When using backward key, the synchro is OK but the A-V indicator show
smoting like -1.176, then when the indicator came to 0, the AV is
desynchronized (of  1.176s !)
At the end, the desynchronisation is about 8s !

The same file used with MDVD 1.2 is working fine.
So I think the synchro info is available, but may be a bug when playing
wth MPlayer.

Someone can help ?