[MPlayer-users] About overlapping subtitles

salvatore.falco at katamail.com salvatore.falco at katamail.com
Fri Nov 15 14:01:02 CET 2002

Hi all.

In a couple of past posts to this ml, Daniel Lisiecki and Tymoteusz Kielan
complained about overlapping subtitles, a new feature of MPlayer-0.90-pre10.

Today I sent a patch to mplayer-dev-eng that allows to disable overlapping
subtitles (and subtitles sorting, another feature I added) at configure time.
Since the mantainer(s) are currently busy, this patch will be included ASAP, so
please be patient.

However I wold like to say that this patch was originated by the fact that I was
not satisfied by the way MPlayer-0.90-pre9 handled overlapping subtitles, since
this resulted in displaying only the first of the overlapping subtitles during the
overlap time (ok, a bit confused, but I hope you get it). So I would appreciate
much if those who complained about the patch could explain better what they
disliked.

Salvatore Falco