[MPlayer-users] "buggy sound card driver"

Diego Zuccato diego at otello.alma.unibo.it
Fri Nov 15 21:53:02 CET 2002

Florin Andrei wrote:

> Yes, please bug them a little bit. I have the same feeling: there's a
> tiny bug that's triggered rarely and, as a result, generates jumpy video.
Well, jumpy video isn't too bad... My ALI 5451 (OSS emulation layer on
Alsa 0.5.12) sometimes "freezes" the whole system... It just happens
with mplayer (xmms sometimes says "couldn't open audio device" and
sometimes mpg123 takes about 10-15 minutes to start a song, but they
don't interfere with other processes...).

Just to say that in your bad luck you're lucky :-)

BYtE,
 Diego.