[MPlayer-users] mplayer questions.

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Mon Nov 18 21:58:02 CET 2002

Am Montag, 18. November 2002 12.21 schrieb Ian Molton:
> 1) Where is a description of the config files and stuff that can go
> in them? I only see commandline info.

They are the same, just slightly different format. You use one line for
every option, then write <option>=<paramter>. So, for example, if you
want to set your dvd-device, in commandline you write this:
"-dvd-device /dev/dvd"
in config file, you write this:
"dvd-device=/dev/dvd"

> 2) How do I specify /dev/sound/dsp as my audio device in a config
> file?

For OSS:
"ao=oss:/dev/sound/dsp"

> 3) How do I set things up to play DVDs? the configure script isnt
> picking up libdvdnav and friends, despite them existing. it seems to
> have some basic DVD support in it, as it can play the unencrypted
> bits, but nothing else.

You don't need dvdnav, libdvdread or libdvdcss. MPlayer has it's own
libraries. How did you compile MPlayer, and how are you trying to play
dvds?

--
                     _ ___      http://www.p2501.ch/             / \
|/  /\   /\   /\  | \   |  |    christof at buergi.lugs.ch          \ /
|\ /--\ /  \ /  \ | /_  |  |    I'm breaking for DAUs, too!       x
                                Say NO to HTML in mail and news  / \