[MPlayer-users] jpeg sequence while encoding

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Wed Nov 20 01:01:01 CET 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Ronojoy Adhikari <rjoy at physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 02:58:54 +0530 (IST)
To: <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Subject: [MPlayer-users] jpeg sequence while encoding

> Hi:
>
> Newbie question. I have a bunch of jpeg files which I would like to encode
> to divx. The suggested option:
>
> mencoder \*.jpg -mf on:w=800:h=600:fps=25 -ovc divx4 -oac copy -o
> output.avi
>
> works fine, except that the files are selected in the wrong sequence. I
> would like the files to be selected according to their time stamps.
> Suggestions would be most appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rjoy.

Have you tried putting each file in order on the cmdline? Or maybe try cat'ting a list of the files, in your order, from a text file (will this work like a 'playlist'?) to mencoder with the above options, in place of '\*.jpg'.
Example: mencoder `cat list-of-files.txt` -mf on:w=800:h=600:fps=25 -ovc divx4 -oac copy -o output.avi
Just my idea.

/S. Smith
http://www.linuxmail.org/