[MPlayer-users] lirc & GUI / special keys

Krister Lagerstrom krister at kmlager.com
Wed Nov 20 21:24:03 CET 2002

Moritz Bunkus wrote:
 > DOCS/bugreports.html] Hi.
 >

 >> so for seeking, try to set config = ... (dunno what is eth
 >> slavemode command for seeking) instead of key name
 >

 > I'm not THAT dumb. I already know about seeking, but what I want is
 > to sit on my bed and use the GUI's file open dialog to select the
 > next file to play with my remote.

Try Freevo, it does just that with MPlayer :-)

 > So what I need is the ability to emulate 'cursor down', 'cursor up'
 > and 'enter'.

What I did in Freevo was to emulate the keypresses just like you're
asking about. If you don't want to use Freevo and instead write a
program to somehow convert lirc commands to keypresses, these are the
definitions that are used:

     mplayerKeys = {
         'DOWN'           : '\x1bOB',
         'INFO'           : 'o',