[MPlayer-users] reencode_with_negative_A/V_delay

Ing. Roman Polach artwine at seznam.cz
Thu Nov 21 15:08:14 CET 2002

I have movie with shifted audio and video by 900ms,
It is OK when I try "mplayer -delay 0.9" or 9 times
press "-" key when playing...

I tried to reencode that movie ("mencoder oldmovie.avi
-audio-delay 0.9 -oac copy -ovc copy -o newmovie.avi")
but a/v delay then was 1.8, so I decide I must set
-audio-delay "-0.9" when reencoding,
but man page says that is not possible, because it really
do not shift the audio track but only set some value in
AVI header... How can I really shift the audio by 0.9s?
Is it possible? Or another solution?

Many thanx for answer and for great MPlayer!!!