[MPlayer-users] MPEG 1.0 Layer 2 broken?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Nov 22 05:14:02 CET 2002

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 10:04:35PM +0100, Henric Andersson wrote:
> I have a file that won't play on mplayer. It quits saying that it is not a
> recognized format. And yet, it's a plain mpeg 1.0 layer 2 file. For some
> reason the file is suffixed with .mp3, but even when I changed it to mp2, it
> didn't work. WinAMP plays it flawlessly, so the file seems to be okay. Is
> there some place I can upload the file so you can dissect it? :)

Try adding -sb 100 or so to seek past the beginning of the file --
it's possible that there's just a broken frame there. Also try
-demuxer 17 to force the audio files demuxer. Of course, it's possible
that this demuxer (which is very primitive and rather broken) just
won't recognize mp2 frames. :(

Rich